This year we are starting a ministry to pair college students in our area with Harvest families, couples, and individuals. This is a great opportunity for the people of our church to love and disciple students and give them an even better sense of belonging to our church through simple interactions such as Sunday lunches, sending them text messages, or occasionally offering your home as a quiet place to study or do laundry. This ministry will not only impact students, but you and your family as well. You will see God working through you to make a godly, valuable difference in their lives.
What is Expected of Me?
Connection is key. Keeping in contact with the student and doing something with them every once in a while lets them know that someone loves them and they are a vital part of our church and community. You may feel you are lacking in resources, but this is not a problem. Here are some ideas that students love...
- Take them out to lunch every once in a while
- Invite them over to cook a meal together
- Go to a sporting event (even your child's)
- Send them text messages
- Send them mail and care packages during finals week
- Invite them to help you in your ministries
- Offer your home as a quiet place for homework or laundry
- Take them fishing or golfing
- Invite them on a family outing
- Invite them over to watch a movie or play a game
- We ask that there is some kind of interaction with your students at least twice a month
- This is a commitment for the whole school year – August to May (although, we are fairly confident that you'll want to continue the relationship long after the school year ends).
- We will do regular follow-up with both families and students to check in and make sure everything is going great.
Who's a Student?
Anyone ages 18-25 can participate, whether currently attending a University, Community College, graduate program, trade school, or working to pay for school. But you must fill out the form below.